About the Client
Ideal Eyewear are independent opticians that provide frames and lenses suitable for all budgets. They offer a very friendly and specialised service, especially for children who require a more friendly, less intimidating eye test. They are based in Bedfordshire, UK
- The old website was generating very few enquiries.
- There was no way for site visitors to book appointments through the website.
- The design was poor, giving a bad first impression to site visitors.
- The blog functionality was limited making content marketing difficult.
- It had ugly and confusing URLs for example:- http://idealeyewearflitwick.co.uk/blogflitwickeyes/4589265387/Our-kids-have-regular-dental-checkups-shouldn’t-sight-tests-be-the-same/9989285
- Rebuild the website in WordPress, to take advantage of the platform’s superior content marketing capabilities.
- Provide a new mobile friendly web design.
- Make the design vibrant and eye catching, using plenty of photography to showcase the range of glasses and services, and to reflect a professional image.
- Implement a new appointment booking form easily accessible throughout the entire site. Appointment requests are then emailed to the site admin, and stored in the site database for future reference.
- Add an easy to use contact form, for general enquiries.
- Integrate a Facebook page feed on the blog page.
- Add social sharing icons on articles and other featured pages, so that site visitors can share useful content with their own social networks.
- Allow all content to be edited through the easy to use WordPress admin area.
- SEO friendly and readable URLs.
During the first week, 6 appointments were booked through the site. This was more than on the old site in over 2 years.